Sunday, June 1, 2014

Literate String


I had fallen off the band wagon, my ability to string a sentence together had left me. Years have gone by where there have been moments of inspiration. All have come and gone. Usually at the least appropriate times too. Sitting in meditation is the common case otherwise driving or just as I'm falling asleep. Occasionally I write an idea down but never come back to it. It's not until I find myself detached from the never ending impulse to do "work". This holiday has brought me back to what I love. 
⚫️ To surf - fun and different waves, exploring the magnificent coast of South Sumatra. 
⚫️ To learn the local language - Bahasa. Grasping new words everyday and practicing with passing kids. 
⚫️ To write - even though I've spent most of my time in the water my desire to put pen to paper has returned. 
The act of stringing a sentence together begins to flow more easily the further I get down the page. The sewing of adjectives to describe the wonders that surround me. How long will this piece of string be? I guess if I keep surfing and learning the words will follow.