Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sydney Buses Travel Time




6:32AM - E88
It's not how I remember, long gone are the days of food fights, bagsings to sit next to someone in hopes of receiving an ear from their ipod headset. So too is the laughter, the joy, the essence of life. Gone. What a great way to start your morning.

Commuting from the Northern Beaches to Sydney's CBD is gratefully catered for by Sydney buses. It is an early start to become part of the rush of those heading to work, school or uni. And to think people do this everyday. Madness!

If you caught the same bus day in day out, one would think you would know someone considering you have probably seen them on the bus a million times. At least then you would have someone to smile to as you got on. Not a single person 'seemingly' knows anyone. Although if you were having a conversation; everyone, bored out of their brains, would listen. And your individual identity would be exposed to these people that surround you every day. I'm sure even the older lady, who was given an ipod last year but has only just worked out how to upload music, will turn her volume down just so she can hear what it is you've been up to recently and if you got majorly boozed on the weekend. What else does somebody ask you on a Monday morning?

So I sit here content that I don't know a soul and glad I will not have to disclose my weekend doings. I am also happy that I don't have to pretend I am not listening to a non-stimulating conversation by my fellow pleb commuters. As sad as it is to think, long gone are the days where the boys sat up the back and eyeballed the innocent girls seated at the front. I welcome the tranquility of silence and the chance I have to be apart of the mob that unfortunately spend on average 4 hours a day on the bus yet fortunately come home to such a beautiful part of Sydney.