Monday, October 17, 2011

Quiksilver Pro France

Another year has passed, the circus has come and gone. Looking back, 2011 was a better experience than previous years. Before the fuss started everyone anticipated the arrival of the elite, I the opposite. I knew that along with the incredible display of surfing there was the side I wasn’t too fond of. Late nights fueled by alcohol and the uncomfortable blind eye turned from the consumption of other substances. Last year I don’t think I surfed very much while the crew were around, late nights got the better of me and I even missed seeing Fanning win the final. This year I watched almost every heat and as the competition progressed it became more and more exciting! 5 minutes to go in the final, Aussie Jules gets up and announces he’s grabbing a victory beer as it was clear Julian had smashed it! Gabriel blew everyones’ minds! The ability he has to pull maneuvers in such a pressured moment deserves immense applause. Needless to say I now do enjoy the ASP events as the level of surfing in the competitions has risen and to watch it live on the beach is so intense!
Off to Portugal for the Ripcurl Pro! Yew!